Page content Page content Section navigation Topic navigation Accessibility keys Sitemap Search Contact us portal
Go to Waikato Regional Council homepage
search icon mail icon contact us icon

  Services » Regional Services » Consents and compliance » Resource consents » Changing your consent » Surrenders and transfers

Surrenders and transfers

You can arrange to surrender (relinquish) your consent if you will no longer be undertaking the activity it authorises. You can also transfer your consent to another person or party if they will be operating the same activity at the same location. That transfer can involve the whole or part of a consent, and may be temporary or permanent.

Some points to remember

A transfer cannot be finalised without written notice of acceptance from the new owner. It is the current consent holder’s responsibility to make sure this is provided to Waikato Regional Council.

You should complete any remedial or required works before you surrender or transfer your consent.

You are liable for any non-compliance with your consent conditions prior to surrender or transfer.

You are liable for any consent related charges up to the time of surrender or transfer. Find out more about these annual and monitoring charges.

You cannot continue or restart your activity once your consent is surrendered or transferred (unless the transfer is stated to be for a temporary period).

You need to complete the correct forms

A resource consent is a legal document, and authorisation from the consent holder is required before it can be surrendered and transferred. In the case of a transfer this means the form needs to be signed by both the current and the new consent holder.

Click here for the forms.

About this site     Contact us     Feedback and complaints New Zealand Government